It’s been a really long time since I posted a person on here, sorry about that guys! Life has just been getting a little busy here in Calgary. Anyhow, the weather is starting to improve a little so I’ll be heading out on the streets of Calgary to find more people for this blog Here is a nice guy I met named James and here is what he had to say.
1. Where are you from?
Originally, I’m from Winnipeg.
2. Why did you moved to Calgary of all places?
Primarily for career, I guess the secondary reason would be I really wanted to get out of Winnipeg.
3. Haha Well that’s a pretty good reason. Do you like living in Calgary?
I absolutely love it! Totally my kind of city.
4. What is it about Calgary that you like?
Everyone seems to be here with a purpose. I think when you talk to people they are usually here for work, their here to make something of them selfs and not really content with the status quo. They always want to push them self a little bit more. I kinda like that about the city, it’s kind of the attitude the city has. There’s a lot going on here and there is plenty to do. The mountains are a short drive away and for me the career opportunities are here.
5. So what is your career? What field are you in, if you don’t mind me asking?
I am in IT, so I deal with unified communications, voice over ID, corporate email systems for corporations, primarily dealing with Microsoft Link and Microsoft Exchange.
6. So do you own your own company or work for some one?
I don’t own my own company, I work for a company called Longview Systems, so I’ll give them a quick shout out.
Rob: Ok cool.
7. If you had to describe Calgary to some one what would you say?
I’d say diverse for starters. Pretty diverse place, energetic & prosperous.
8. So what do you like to do for fun?
For fun I play hockey, I play the guitar, all be it poorly, I golf much the same way I play the guitar.
Random Guy: Your bad at both?
James: I am bad at both, but I enjoy being bad at both.
9. Alright cool, so are you in a band or anything?
No I’m not, no I just play for fun.
10. Do you play hockey for a specific hockey team? Calgary Flames perhaps? haha.
I WISH! Don’t I wish haha. We have a Longview company hockey team that I’ve played for in the past and then usually just shinny with the guys.
11. Have you ever ridden a horse?
I have ridden a horse. The last time I rode horse I was 6 and I got yelled at by my teacher because I was swinging my hat around because I saw them do that on televisions. Apparently that upsets the horse. (Laughter).
12. Anything you’d like to add?
When one door closes another one opens, but thats usually because of the air pressure in the room, so don’t read to much into that haha.
Rob: Haha that was perfect! Thank you